My youngest was a little tired after all the clapping she did during her lunch
So whilst she had a sleep my eldest and I did some painting, sticking and baking.
We began by making some Easter cards. My eldest loves to use her hands to paint so we used her hand print to make rabbits.
They are still drying at the moment but tomorrow we will stick on eyes and draw a mouth, nose and whiskers. She wanted to make something for her Daddy so I gave her a cut out shape of an egg, as well as some plain paper, lots of glue, glitter and paint and then I let her be creative
She had loads of fun paining and sticking. It was great because I could get a few jobs done whilst she was having fun.
After tidying up my eldest declared she wanted to bake. As its almost St Patrick day, we made some themed cookies.
For the cookies we used:
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
175g caster sugar
175g soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 packet chocolate chips
green food colouring - to desired colour
1. Preheat oven to 190 C
2. Mix flour, soda and salt together in a bowl
3. Combine butter, vanilla extract and both sugars in a bowl until creamy. Then beat in the eggs. Finally mix in the flour mixture and add the chocolate chips and food colouring.
4. Roll out the dough and cut out small circles
5. Put four circles next to each other to form a 4 leaf clover.
6. Make as many clovers as your mixture will allow and place onto a greased baking tray
7. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
My youngest woke up just in time to help eat all the cookies
This day I love painting, sticking and baking