Turkey is usually the meat of choice in our house. We are particular fans of Turkey sausages and Turkey mince. So when Britmums set a Summer Turkey challenge, I had to enter with one of our favourite Turkey recipes.
This post is an entry for BritMums Summer Turkey Recipe Challenge sponsored by lean on turkey.
You will need:
1 onion [or frozen chopped onions]
1 tin chopped tomato
green herb seasoning
500g Turkey mince
1. Pre heat oven to 200 C
2. Chop marrow long ways and hollow out insides
3. Place marrows into a roasting tin and put to one side
4. In a pan fry mince until brown, add onions followed by seasoning to taste. I use a mix green herb seasoning and add a sprinkle.
5. Once mince and onions cooked add tin chopped tomato.
6. Spoon mixture into the hollow marrow
7. Make up cous cous according to packet and add to the top of the marrow / mince mixture
8. Cover the whole tin in foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
9. Once cooked, serve and enjoy
Total prep time : 5 minutes
Total cooking time : 30 minutes [20 minutes oven 10 minute fry]
This is a great quick and simple recipe and is lovely and filling!