Did you know that there are more than 27,000 internet searches in the UK each month for 'gluten free diet' that is a lot of people going gluten free and a lot of inspiration to be found.
Tilda rice would like to match this need and have created six gluten free recipes to show how cooking with naturally gluten free basmati rice can be delicious, healthy and easy to do. I have been getting creative and trying not only the gluten free ideas from Tilda but also looking at other ways to use Tilda rice.
The six recipes from Tilda are
• Lamb and quince meatballs with Basmati and Wild (using Tilda Wholegrain Basmati & Wild Rice)
• Spicy rice and Vegetable bake (using Tilda’s Pure Basmati Rice)
• Chicken with apricots and tamarind on herby rice (using Tilda Wholegrain Basmati Rice)
• Warm chickpea and feta quinoa and rice salad (using Tilda Steamed Brown Basmati & Quinoa)
• Salmon on broad bean rice (using Tilda Steamed Pure Basmati Rice)
• Chicken, hazelnut and prune salad (using Tilda Steamed Brown Basmati Rice)
I was keen to try the Brown Basmati rice and Quinoa, as am currently a huge fan of Quinoa. I warmed the rice as per the instructions and mixed with feta cheese, spinach, cucumber, chick peas and pepper. I had made a garlic and ginger dressing which I added on to the rice and squeezed in some fresh lime juice.
The result was delicious and perfect for lunch time, easy to make.
One of my favourite dishes to make is a chicken chick pea curry. By frying chicken with onion then adding chili powder, cumin and garlic to the pan to add favour before adding chick peas and spinach. It makes a wonderful curry dish and perfect for serving over rice.
Sun dried tomato basmati has a great tomato flavour to it and it perfect with some mixed baby leaves, spinach, red peppers and cucumber. It is great for both a lunch and a light dinner.
Tilda rice is also perfect as a side dish with a stew, one of my favourites is a celery stew. It has lots of tasty flavour and really refreshing and filling.
Tilda is a perfect accompaniment or amazing within the dish and can be quick and easy to cook thanks to the handy microwave packets.
Tilda provided me with some samples in exchange for this post. All words are my own opinion.