As a parent I will admit to feeling the pressure to throw a good birthday party. I am not alone though with 42% also feeling the pressure. It is no surprise really when we look in the media and see the lavish parties celebrities throw their children. Without the high price tag is it still possible to throw such amazing parties? Steven Duggen Party planner to the stars shares his top tips:
· There are many ways to achieve a stunning look at home for your toddler's party. It is important to decorate smart, for example, using recyclable products from your home and making interesting hanging features! When hanging, make sure your craft pieces are out of reach of little fingers
· The classic blue for a boy and pink for a girl has now developed into pale greens, yellows and other pastel tones to set a certain theme or 'look'
· Popular hired entertainment includes clay making, balloon modellers and face painting but something you can do at home is to have colouring competitions, cupcake decorating and decoration-making
· For the more lavish or elegant settings you wish to create, the use of a few fun props to hire, coloured wall up-lighting and even tall jungle trees will help to get a great atmosphere within the space. Themes are also impactful. You can choose anything from Alice in Wonderland, to Aladdin, to a Circus party and still be able to create the setting for less by being a little more creative
· The idea is to create a theme that is fun, as busy and detailed as possible, while using art supplies and items from around the house
· Soft play areas and mini ball pits are also very popular for the younger ones. Again you can have an entire floor of soft play and soft shapes to ensure they are safe.'
Like 70% of parents we celebrated our daughters first birthdays with close family.
The spend for first birthdays also varies between locations
North West £119.59
North East £119.29
West Midlands £105.23
South West £101.29
South East £98.63
Northern Ireland £90.63
East Midlands £89.93
Yorkshire & The Humber £88.50
East Anglia £70.84
I would love to know your top tips for celebrating birthdays and keeping down the spend. The survey was conducted by Growingupmilkinfo.com where you can find a wealth of information on toddler specific nutrition.
I have not received payment for this post.