The girls are getting very excited for Halloween and are having a mini Halloween party. No party is complete however without some party food, and the girls want to celebrate in style. This was a perfect opportunity for us to get creative with the new Discoveries popcorn range from Butterkist.
The new Discoveries range from Butterkist has three flavours, Salted Caramel [our favourite], Chili and Lime, and finally Hickory Pork. We decided to create a savour dish and a sweet dish and began creating. Well I say we began, the girls started eating the Chili and Lime popcorn and I got to work!
First was the savoury dish
150g grated cheese
Food colouring [optional]
1 Bag Hickory Pork Butterkist Popcorn
1. Melt the butter and cheese in a pan.
2. Add food colouring if desired and to the required colour
3. Chop the spring onions and add to the pain
4. Finally add the popcorn and mix well
I added green food colouring as I wanted to create a spooky slime feel, as it is a Halloween party. The food colouring adds no flavour so it is completely optional.
For the sweet dish I decided to create a Rocky Road using the Salted Carmel Butterkist.
2 spoons syrup
150g Mini Marshmallows
200g Glacé cherries
160g [a bag] Salted Caramel popcorn
1. Melt the chocolate and butter together and add in the syrup.
2. Place about 1/3 of the chocolate mixture into a separate container.
3. Add half marshmallows, the cherries and the popcorn to the remaining mixture in the pan and stir well.
4. Pour the pan mixture into a brownie tray.
5. Sprinkle over the remaining marshmallows
6. Pour over the rest of the chocolate
7. leave to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
The sweet dish was preferred over the savoury dish, but then I guess it always would be. Both dishes really complimented the new discoveries popcorn range from Butterkist and I have to admit to currently wanting another bag of the Salted Caramel flavour!
What would you create?
Thanks to Butterkist for sending the 3 bags of popcorn. All words are my own opinion.